Valentine’s Day and I’ve got the day off so I decided to make Owl some special eggs and toast for breakfast.
I can’t remember what these are called and where I first saw them, but I thought they were mighty cute and so versatile as you could technically make any shape with whatever cookie cutters you have. I have dubbed them Egberts because it sounds like egg bread.
Brioche (goes better than normal bread)
- Cut a shape out from the middle of a slice of brioche or bread.
- Butter both sides and fry one side.
- When golden brown, flip it over and crack an egg into the hole. Fry until egg is cooked through, or you may want to leave the yolk runny.
- Salt Egbert a little bit for flavour (unless you have bacon then thats salty enough).
- Griddle the buttered cut-outs or save them to make crouton shapes!
Talk about eating your heart out lol. Happy Valentines Day! ♥